• Create Account

Newbie Programmer Here!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeffshivers   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 July 2001 - 05:55 AM

Hi I am a newbie to programming, but I already know what language I want to learn. The language is Delphi, and I want to know where can I get a tutorial or something like that for learning Delphi? I already have some, but all they teach me is how to write Hello World in it. After I learn Delphi, can I go into game programming with Opengl or DirectX? Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 bstepa   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 July 2001 - 06:12 AM

Not to take anything away from Delphi, but if you want to get into OpenGL or DirectX programming you should learn C or C++ instead. I''d recommend searching across this and flipcode.com for tutorials.

#3 WarMage   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 July 2001 - 12:48 PM

I love Dephi, and the only thing I can forsee making your life more difficult that learning C++ for interfacing with OpenGL or Allegra or A* or DX or any of that is purely one of code examples. Remember that M$ uses VC++ for the majority of their code, and they are the ones who we are typically requiring properties exposed for, and they write "examples" (yes, it''s meant to be amusing ) in VB or VC++

Personally I do my stuff in Delphi, because I can.

----------------
-WarMage
...nonconformity is nothing more than an inversion of your head with respect to your anus...not a bad thing!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS