• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

How to list files?? Help anyone.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Roof Top Pew Wee   Members   -  Reputation: 226

Posted 21 July 2001 - 12:53 PM

I am writing a 2D terrain editor/top down strategy game. I want to however be able to load heroes that I have made in a different program and saved them as a .chr file. What I need is to know how to retrieve a list of the files in a directory, and so on, so that I can make my own save/load box. I am going to do my own graphics so I don''t have to get involved with Windows GUI, but I still need this to list the files. If anyone could help, I''d really appreciate it. --Vic--

Sponsor:

#2 JackNathan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 July 2001 - 01:09 PM

If you don''t mind MFC -- look at the CFileFind class. There are also some standard C functions to do what you want but I don''t remember the names.

Jack

#3 Julio   Members   -  Reputation: 116

Posted 21 July 2001 - 03:44 PM

I was working on something similar to this. I can e-mail you the code. what it does is counts all of the file types in a given directory, then gets and stores all of the file names in a list. later I''m actually going to do something with it. if you want the source, e-mail me and I''ll send it to you.
Joe

HHSDrum@yahoo.com
Polarisoft Home Page

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS