• Create Account

OGL co-ordinate systems.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Vlion   Members   -  Reputation: 151

Posted 21 July 2001 - 05:40 PM

Hi. Is the z-plane right-positive or left-positive ? Also...should this cut of code display anything ? gluLookAt(0, 0, 6, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0); glBegin(GL_LINES); { glVertex3f(0, 0, -1); glVertex3f(1, 1, -1); glVertex3f(1, 0, -1); } glEnd(); Also, I`m getting thrown into 256 color after switching from 16bpp to 16bpp. I saved the DEVMODE into a variable to hold the old data, then called ChangeDisplaySettings() on the old data when my prog exits. This is kinda strange...any ideas ? Oh yeah...at 16bpp my 3D card accelerates stuff...a Voodoo 3 ~V''lion I came, I saw, I got programmers block. ~V''''lion

Sponsor:

#2 Obelix   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 July 2001 - 05:07 AM

The Z-axis is pointing out of the screen I think that is called right handed (50% probability ).
Yes, the code should show some lines if the other variables has the right values.

If you are using CDS_FULLSCREEN should you be able to reset the old values without having to save them in some variable. See the NeHe tutorials.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS