• Create Account

VC++ automatic completion

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 jods   Members   -  Reputation: 367

Posted 22 July 2001 - 12:38 AM

Hello, I''m using Ms Visual C++ 6.0. The automatic statement completion is great, it''s really helpful not to have to look at the help everytime you make a Windows API call. My problem is, I haven''t found how to expand the knowledge base of the statement completion. One example: I''m programming with DirectX 8.0. How can I have the function prototypes appear on my screen when typing? I''m using other "custom" libraries, and it would really help me having this feature work for them too. So if you know how to do it, your help is welcome! Thanx

Sponsor:

#2 Dean Harding   Members   -  Reputation: 546

Posted 22 July 2001 - 01:16 AM

As far as I know, you can''t.

However, if you buy Visual Assist, it has this and a whole load of great new features, including better syntax highlighting, it recognises #defines as well, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

It''s not free, but well worth the cost. Check it out here: http://www.wholetomato.com/.

War Worlds - A 3D Real-Time Strategy game in development.

#3 jods   Members   -  Reputation: 367

Posted 22 July 2001 - 04:12 AM

Well, I just had a glance at the feature list, it seems it''s exactly what I was looking for, and even more!

I''ll install the trial version to be sure, but I think you''re right, it''ll be really worth it!

Thank you a lot Dean!

#4 Clash Rocker   Members   -  Reputation: 130

Posted 22 July 2001 - 05:11 AM

quote:
Original post by jods
DirectX 8.0. How can I have the function prototypes appear on my screen when typing?

I think if add the DX8 .H file to your project (don''t copy it) you will get the little tooltip things

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS