• Create Account

Career Question

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Asterisk88   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:47 AM

Hey, I'm a junior in college and do a lot of creative writing. My goal is to eventually write dialogue and storylines for video games but I am unsure about how to break into the industry. Does anyone have any advice? Or know of anyone who it would be helpful for me to talk to? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10158

0Likes

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

Frequently Asked Question #32.
http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson32.htm
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#3 shaolinspin   Members   -  Reputation: 202

0Likes

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:06 AM

Given the number of questions asked here that so far can reasonably be redirected to one of Tom Sloper's excellent articles, might it not be an idea to create a sticky thread conatining an index of said articles (assuming that would be ok with Tom of course)?

#4 Fenrisulvur   Members   -  Reputation: 186

0Likes

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:01 AM

Maybe some sort of tag, [sloperama lesson=<number here>]?

#5 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10158

0Likes

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:21 AM

Quote:
Original post by shaolinspin
Given the number of questions asked here that so far can reasonably be redirected to one of Tom Sloper's excellent articles, might it not be an idea to create a sticky thread conatining an index of said articles (assuming that would be ok with Tom of course)?

I'm planning to write one but if somebody else wants to beat me to it...

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS