• Create Account

Using Menues

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 KaMiKaZ04   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 July 2001 - 04:30 AM

hi! i''ve been programming c++ in dos for a while now, and i just started to program win32 console programs with a little help from "tricks of the windows game programming gurus" (awesome book). my compiler (msoft vc++ 6.0) keeps on giving me 3 errors with the following resource script: #include"rcdef.h" TheMenu MENU DISCARDABLE { POPUP "File" { MENUITEM "&Hello", Menu_File_ID_Hello MENUITEM "&PlaySound", Menu_File_ID_PlaySound MENUITEM "Clos&e", Menu_File_ID_Close } POPUP "Help" { MENUITEM "&About", Menu_Help_ID_About } } it says that the line TheMenu MENU DISCARDABLE is missing a semicolon before MENU (!??!), TheMenu is a missing storage type, and unexpected end of file found. can anyone help me with this? thanks, KaMiKaZ04

Sponsor:

#2 Imois   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 July 2001 - 05:55 AM

Sounds like you''re trying to compile it with the C++ Compiler. You should use the resource compiler instead.

It''s called rc.exe

#3 richardve   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 July 2001 - 04:44 AM

You should use BEGIN/END instead of { and }

#include "rcdef.h"

TheMenu MENU DISCARDABLE
BEGIN
POPUP "File"
BEGIN
MENUITEM "&Hello", Menu_File_ID_Hello
MENUITEM "&PlaySound", Menu_File_ID_PlaySound
MENUITEM "Clos&e", Menu_File_ID_Close
END
POPUP "Help"
BEGIN
MENUITEM "&About", Menu_Help_ID_About
END
}

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS