• Create Account

Which computer is the best for starting?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zichau   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:15 AM

So, I've always been interested in games. From playing Wolfenstein 3D to COD4 etc. So today I found this awesome webpage, and the last 2 weeks I've been considering getting a new computer, cus this one is getting a bit outdated. So I'm thinking laptop, quite possibly a MacBook Pro, since it has bootcamp so I could run both Mac OS X and windows. But a downside to that is that its kinda (VERY) pricy. So what is best for developing games? I'm also open to a PC (allthough I'm getting kinda tired of all the problems that come with it) Also which programming language should I learn? I'm learning towards C++ cus I've heard thats the way to go. At the moment I'm 15 years old. If that makes some kind of difference :) Also if you have any tips I'd like to read them.

Sponsor:

#2 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9230

0Likes

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

Thread closed. OP posted in For Beginners as is more apropos.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS