• Create Account

Portfolio Review: Programmer (all comments welcome!)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 StephenTC   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:47 AM

Hi everyone, so I posted my portfolio ages ago and have been reformatting it so that it makes more sense. This IS a programmer's portfolio and I'm trying to package most of my code but I'd like feedback on the direction I'm taking it and where I am already. http://www.StephentCooney.com/portfolio I'm aiming this portfolio to be a gameplay/graphics/physics programmer (kind of on the physically based simulations side of game programming). Any comment is appreciated. [Edited by - StephenTC on November 14, 2009 5:09:38 PM]

Sponsor:

#2 pinacolada   Members   -  Reputation: 834

0Likes

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

Looks really good, that is an impressive portfolio. Love the videos. Recruiters are busy people, so they love videos.

I guess one piece of feedback is that I found myself lost searching around your site, and I wasn't sure if I even found everything. If I was looking to hire, then I would rather just have all of your stuff listed on one big CV page.

Also I wasn't crazy about all the flashy javascripted navigation. One bummer is that if you click a link and then return to your page, your page will be reset to the "home" state and you lose the thing you were looking at. I don't think you really need any fancy web stuff, it's a little distracting. Just make your work easy to find and let it speak for itself.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS