• Create Account

atlbase.h

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 link102   Members   -  Reputation: 252

0Likes

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:15 AM

I'm following a book on directx 9. (http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/index.html) The 3rd example in the book recuires to include atlbase.h wich isn't in the express edition of visual c++. After some heavy googling it is said that atlbase is also in Microsoft platform SDKs. So I downloaded it, but it's not there. so my question is either A: Where can I find atlbase.h? or B: Where can I find a book on directx 9 that acctually does work?

Sponsor:

#2 Crazyfool   Members   -  Reputation: 307

0Likes

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:23 AM

www.chadvernon.com is a nice web site for directx9/c++ (go to resources)

#3 link102   Members   -  Reputation: 252

0Likes

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

See now I'm missing afxres.h. Wtf is wrong with this language? Cant someone write a tutorial that doesn't require 5 hours of searching the internet? Is this normal?

#4 Erik Rufelt   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3262

0Likes

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:02 AM

How did you create your project?
I'm not using ATL, but when creating a project in VC++ there's an option 'Add common header files for ATL', when clicking Next in the Win32 application wizard.

#5 link102   Members   -  Reputation: 252

0Likes

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:11 AM

I see it, but I can't click it. I think it has something to do with me having the express edition.

#6 Erik Rufelt   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3262

0Likes

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:21 AM

Yeah probably. I found the following with Google, which seems to say that it can be downloaded with the Platform SDK instead: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/wtl/WTLExpress.aspx.

#7 link102   Members   -  Reputation: 252

0Likes

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:34 AM

the link to the platform sdk is dead.
Can you point me in the right direction? I can choose and download one myself, but look at how far that got me. So wich version do I need?
edit: see this is my dillema, I can't seem to find a download wich contains the header file. I found the the page you linked to days ago.

#8 Erik Rufelt   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3262

0Likes

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

Use a different tutorial: http://thetavern.servebeer.com/?p=articles.

#9 htcoles   Members   -  Reputation: 182

0Likes

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:39 AM

ATL doesn't come with the express editions, so you're out of luck. The ATL libraries aren't needed for DirectX, so all you need to do is find another resource, Chad Vernon's site is good.
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS