05.05 - (B) Game Completion Lounge

Started by
44 comments, last by Teej 20 years, 9 months ago
Whew! Congratulations! You should now have in your posession a simple, yet playable Blocks ''n Lines game! Sure, it''s lacking in many departments, but it at least demonstrates that at its heart it''s a working program, and that''s quite an accomplishment. Please, sign-in here by replying to this topic so that I (and everyone else) knows that you''re here. This will help give us some idea of how many of us are at this stage of the tutorial!
Advertisement
Yay! I did it.

And I made some half decent graphics for the game too. If anyone wants them you can download them here.

If you do though, you will have to change the bit depth to 16 bit.

I would upload the game, but I only have the starter edition of VC++ and am not allowed to distribute it so you can grab the source code here instead.

Edited by - TheTramp on July 25, 2001 1:48:32 PM
Whoop.

Added in menus, an option screen (with option soft or hard drop, and clockwise or counter-clockwise rotation), high score and options keeping through .ini file, and all that good stuff!

Also has a much better control system, where after you hold a key for X milliseconds it will repeat, and every Y seconds after that initial repetition, it will repeat - kind of the way windows normally works!

Check it out.

http://people.mw.mediaone.net/terrax/textris.zip

-Terrax
Initial program done, just the base functionality. In the coming days, I''m planning on adding a level-based system (where the pieces speed up after every 10 lines), and a high-score chart, which would keep track of the top 10 scores. Until then, I''ve just got the basic code complete.
PiotyrSoftware Engineer by day, Game developer by nightThe early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
yea i made it ,

Is PAC-MAN next ???

the twisted mountainman

Edited by - abcdefghij on July 25, 2001 9:14:09 PM
NIFTY
Never did like tetris. Like it less now that I''ve gotten it to work. I''m thinking of using the pieces in a Robotron clone...instead of robots it''ll be pieces that shoot blocks for missles. That way I can have my revenge. My tetris code is so convoluted that I''m not going to post it anywhere...it''s too embarrassing.

videns
EZ
yeap... done and ready to move on
time:       12:28 (CET)location:   home in Bratislava, Slovakiasubject:    mission accomplished            Block''n''Lines done            preparation for next mission started

Well boyz, i did too! My game is written with all features Teej told us to do, I put more only FPS rating in the upper right corner. I am looking forward to learn much more! My source is accessible via email, so anyone who would be interested, let me know...

I would like to thank Teej for such an excellent work!

See ya all,

"Sweet child in time
you see the line
line that''s strong between
the good and bad..."
- Deep Purple
"Sweet child in timeyou see the lineline that's strong betweenthe good and bad..." - Deep Purple
I''m finished. Ready to continue !

I am done!
So far so good.

Next please!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement