RPG Help Needed! No Responses Yet

Started by
4 comments, last by adtheice 22 years, 8 months ago
I am currently designing a computer RPG in which the class system will be very expanded and also there will be hundreds of spells (dream game, hopeing not expecting) maybe thousands . General | Specific ----------------------------------------------------------------- Weapons master - sword master,axe master Ancient magic adept - Fire mage,Water mage,Air mage,Earth mage Modern magic adept - Conjurer,Enchanter,Illusionist,Necromancer cont... - Witch/Warlock,Demonologist,Sorcerer Healer - Priest,Dark Priest,Hedge mage, Hierophant cont... - Touch Healer,Shamin,Alchemist Master of Shadows - Assasin,Pickpocket,Acrobat,Ranger,Archer all characters must choose a general class and can choose a specific class of study (if available in area and for there race AND the guild wants/will take them at that time and the specific class is possible in that age) because there will be different time frames for the game (ages) that changes the story line/s and items/spells/lands/NPC/Countries. The specific classes will add bonuses to capabilitys (sword work,spells, etc..) because there will be no levels just abillity with each item type, spells, skills, etc. (memory hog ) I will also have special classes. example: King of Thieves: +25% to all thiefing skills +10% reputation in current area -10% talking to good NPCs these will have both good and bad effects but mostly good effects and they will be very rare/hard to get during the game. My question is does anyone think I need more weapons master classes and/or ancient magics classes also can you think of any. Any other help will be appreciated (and yes I know the different conentations of the witch/warlock reference but my target audience won't and I won't inform them of it.) Edited by - adtheice on July 28, 2001 12:56:34 AM
Smile, it won't let you live longer, but it is funny when they die with a smile.
Advertisement
For weapons master you could have quarterstaffs, daggers and halberds/spears. Also maybe unarmed combat.

But how about the warrior/mage. He/she has some weapon skill plus some magic. Weaker than masters in both - but combining the two - stronger.
I think it would help to understand more about the gameworld. You''re obviously aiming at high fantasy for a setting, but there are no fixed rules for the number and kinds of classes in an RPG.
Hmmm...I like it. I often feel that RPG''s need to be more complex. The creators do really well with the stories, but the world development is somewhat lacking. Of course story IS more important, but I think world development could use some more work.

I like this class system. As far as the weapons master classes, maybe projectile weapons like arrows and darts. With the ancient magics classes you''ve focused on elemental magic. I can''t think of anything else off the top of my head except deity worship, but you already have priests. There are probably other things you could add here, but I can''t think of any right now.
oh also psionics very rare and you won''t know that you have this talent until, like level three so that you can''t just cycle through the creation process untill you find it.
Smile, it won't let you live longer, but it is funny when they die with a smile.
Just let me know if you need some feedback or help on anything.
E-mail: kimus2000@hotmail.com

Kimus

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement