• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

OpenGL Way to convert..

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Metus   Members   -  Reputation: 168

Posted 30 July 2001 - 09:14 AM

...16bit to 15bit textures? I''m porting the SNES Emulator Zsnes to use OpenGL Instead of DDraw, and got some problems with certain adapters (Mostly old and 3DFX) and found out that it''s the 5_6_5 texture/pixelformat.. My question is now; How do I, easily, convert the 16bit texture to a 15bit texture? and does all GFX Adapters support 15bit Textures?

Sponsor:

#2 zedzeek   Members   -  Reputation: 528

Posted 30 July 2001 - 10:38 AM

use the R5G5B5 internal texture format BUT unfortunately most cards dont support this + will use a R5G6B5 format instead

#3 Metus   Members   -  Reputation: 168

Posted 30 July 2001 - 10:46 AM

There seems to be different; almost no cards; except nVidia and ATI seems to work with 5_6_5 format (OpenGL 1.2.2 Compliant Drivers?) and as far as I has understood it; 3DFX Based card uses 5_6_5_1 (Alpha set to Zero) so actual; 16bit is 15bit on the earlier 3DFX''s

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS