• Create Account

SimCopter remake

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Elektron   Members   -  Reputation: 150

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hello, i had idea of make a game simulating fire fighting on a forest. Searching the internet i found one similar game, with a lot of new ideas for me. But techonogicaly outdated. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SimCopter Do you think the remake of that game should be profitable? What do you think i should include from original game? Any new feature you would include into the remake? Thanks in advance

Sponsor:

#2 JoeCooper   Members   -  Reputation: 338

0Likes

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:55 PM

I used to play this a lot. Still have it. Fun game.

I don't think it was a hit. Maxis for a time was just making whatever came to mind. They were not doing well financially.

Why not laser focus on the forest fighting part? I don't know of any good forest fighting games.

[Edited by - JoeCooper on January 30, 2010 4:55:35 PM]

#3 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10158

0Likes

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:04 AM

Quote:
Original post by Elektron
Do you think the remake of that game should be profitable?

Of course, you should steer clear of using the trademarked title or any of the copyrightable assets of that game. You can see numerous threads about the legal aspects of remakes in the Business And Law forum, and at http://www.sloperama.com/advice/faq61.htm
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#4 sitwind   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:49 AM

it was a great game for me, though had some serious bugs.

#5 JoeCooper   Members   -  Reputation: 338

0Likes

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:03 AM

A large part of the fun was seeing your own city and flying around it or walking. Ditto "streets of sim city".

#6 sitwind   Members   -  Reputation: 133

0Likes

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

Quote:
Original post by JoeCooper
A large part of the fun was seeing your own city and flying around it or walking. Ditto "streets of sim city".

The missions are great too, i really enjoyed spraying
water at the demonstration crowd.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS