• Create Account

coloring in part of a disk object

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 nycjay   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 31 July 2001 - 08:48 AM

i have a disk quardic and it is textured. i am using it to represent a hard idsk platter. anyway, i have to show which is the current active sector. to do that, my professor wants me to light up one of the sectors on the disk. obviously, the quadric does not have sectors. is there a way for me to change to color of the disk, or apply a new texture to a specific part of the disk, dynamicly? i hope this question is clear. thanks in advance. Jason

Sponsor:

#2 gph-gw   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 August 2001 - 06:28 PM

Well, you could draw triangles slightly above the disk to represent sectors.

#3 zedzeek   Members   -  Reputation: 528

Posted 02 August 2001 - 07:30 PM

i dont think so with the gluDisk func ild just draw a GL_FAN the first vertice is the center of the disk + then u can specify the colours any way u wish

#4 illuzion   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 August 2001 - 01:20 AM

You probably don''t have to use the glu disks anyway... it''s fairly simple to draw a circle or disk, from scratch. That way you could calulate the triangles yourself, and then it''d be easy to change the colour of the ones you needed to.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS