• Create Account

where else would i be able to work?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 google_me   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

hi, I recently graduated in 2009 with bachelors of computer application degree.Now i have decided to do my masters in game development.Is it true that many people leave the game industry after some years or so?Where else would i be able to work with the masters in game programming? incase i want to leave game industry. Thx :)

Sponsor:

#2 namar777   Members   -  Reputation: 258

0Likes

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:52 PM

Well one of the main reasons people leave is the time and effort the "job" requires. Also, game programming demands a high level of skill set and marriage of computing, math and physics. Added to that is the art aspect of it. If you spend time in the industry you should be more than able, with little training to access other parts of the technology field.

Reasons why you should stay, is precisely the fact that you get to have the science and art coming perfectly together!

#3 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9677

0Likes

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:49 AM

"Would my degree be applicable outside the industry" is a "breaking into the games industry" question, so I'm moving this to that forum.

Don't worry about the applicability of a degree you're passionate about taking. Just take it. Your life will sort itself out just fine.
-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#4 google_me   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

hmmmmm.... thanks for replyin.
That helped.

[Edited by - google_me on February 10, 2010 12:21:08 PM]

#5 google_me   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

I also want to know top 5 game design schools in US. Is joining a game design school in UK is as good as in US?
I looked for requirement in USC as well. I dun have a 4 year degree.. ihave 3 year :( .

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS