• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Info about junior job hunting

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nesh108   Members   -  Reputation: 100

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:31 AM

Hello, I would like to have hints and suggestions about where look for a job, in terms of city (or region). I explain: I would like to have info about where I may be easily find a job as a junior game programmer, which state or city. I have a diploma, Im a programmer and IT Technician. At the moment I am working as a linguistic and functionality tester in North America, but I am from EU. My dream would be to find a good job in Japan and learn over there, since I am studying the Japanese language. But I know that it would be too hard for me, with the experience I have. At the moment I have some demos, and application, but I am preparing a demo using a game engine, and around March I will have something to attach. I have experience with many languages (OOP and not). Everything else I know, I learnt it studying by myself, reading a trying. I have heard that in UK, there are some companies. But I would like to have another suggestion from you. I am willing to go more or less everywhere. Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 yaustar   Members   -  Reputation: 530

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

GameDevMap
Game Industry Grunts

#3 Tom Sloper   Moderators   -  Reputation: 10672

0Likes

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:08 AM

Quote:
Original post by Nesh108
My dream would be to find a good job in Japan and learn over there, since I am studying the Japanese language. But I know that it would be too hard for me, with the experience I have.

Read Sloperama FAQ 48: http://sloperama.com/advice/lesson48.htm

-- Tom Sloper
Sloperama Productions
Making games fun and getting them done.
www.sloperama.com

Please do not PM me. My email address is easy to find, but note that I do not give private advice.

#4 way2lazy2care   Members   -  Reputation: 782

0Likes

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:54 AM

Quote:
Original post by Tom Sloper
Quote:
Original post by Nesh108
My dream would be to find a good job in Japan and learn over there, since I am studying the Japanese language. But I know that it would be too hard for me, with the experience I have.

Read Sloperama FAQ 48: http://sloperama.com/advice/lesson48.htm

You forgot the part where you get deer to bow to you.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS