• Create Account

Make games w/ Flash 5

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 elleb   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 August 2001 - 06:55 PM

I learned C++ (array, vector, loop, control structures, search, sorting and class/object) and Scheme (another instructional language that I learned in more depth) in computer science courses at my uni and I'm experienced with web designing with Flash ('tho I never customized ActionScript) and have produced several websites whose interfaces are entirely or mostly in Flash. I'm interested in making some simple games with Macromedia Flash 5 just to entertain my younger siblings. However, I haven't come across a site with such a resource. One thing in particular: I want to create something like a puzzle. When the user drops the right piece of graphic over the appropriate receptor area, some consequential action occurs (like the score increases). I tried to look for tutorials on how to create such a thing, but I had no luck. Do you know where I can find such help? Thanks for advising, it'd really mean a lot! Edited by - elleb on August 6, 2001 2:28:57 AM

Sponsor:

#2 dragin33   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 August 2001 - 06:58 PM

try flashkit.com, they have lots of tutorials and great stuff.

#3 epsilon42   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 August 2001 - 04:27 AM

don''t they have a whole bunch of examples in the "help" menu? i haven''t used flash for awhile but i remember examples in there for a lot of different things. hope it helps

-epsilon

#4 elleb   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 August 2001 - 11:33 AM

Which Help menu are u refering to? In FlashKit or here? Because I dont see a "Help" section in gamedev.net

#5 PointSoft   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 August 2001 - 12:04 PM

I believe epsilon42 was talking about the help in Flash. I own both Flash 4 and 5 and they both contain many many example flash files that demonstrait various things. I do recall one Flash file doing something like you want it. It was more like a building block sorts, but still very similar.

Alex Ford
PointSoft EA Co., Ltd.
http://www.pointsoftonline.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS