• Create Account

Game Design Document

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 slow_thinker   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 October 1999 - 04:04 PM

I would be grateful if some kind gentle soul could tell me where I can locate a sample Game Design Document on the web.

Sponsor:

#2 Dave Astle   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 2307

Posted 20 October 1999 - 04:07 AM

Well, there is this site called Gamedev.net (I think it's at www.gamedev.net). They have a Game Design section, with several samples of design documents in it. In fact, they have a whole sub-section called "Design Documents".

#3 INVERSED   Members   -  Reputation: 172

Posted 20 October 1999 - 05:58 AM

Hey, I've heard of Gamdev, but someone told me they sucked. I suggest going anywhere but there.

jk

#4 slow_thinker   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 October 1999 - 12:45 AM

Yeah, I know that was a dumb question. My apologies.

Actually what I'm looking for is a sample game design document that you would give to a publisher. Monolith's design document for CLAW seems to be much too detailed for that.

Any suggestions?

#5 ghowland   Members   -  Reputation: 134

Posted 21 October 1999 - 04:04 PM

Actually the Claw design document is something you SHOULD have to give a publisher. It tells them you know what you are doing and have a real plan.

They wont read it though, theyll skim it and then youll give them a 4 page or so condensed version, which they can actually read.

-Geoff

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS