• Create Account

Companies that put the book on the CD....

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike   Members   -  Reputation: 140

Posted 07 August 2001 - 07:19 AM

I''m heading off to college shortly and storage space is not abundant in the dorm room, so does anyone know if any companies other than Microsoft Press put the book on the cd? It will be a lot easier to just take the cd that came with Programming Windows (5th edition) and Programming Windows with MFC with me than to lug those two huge books with me. So are there any companies that make game related book that put the book on the CD?

Sponsor:

#2 nobodynews   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1915

Posted 08 August 2001 - 06:57 AM

I don''t know of any companies that put their book on CD, but there are places that scan books and post them on the internet. If you own the book it should be perfectly okay to have an electronic text of it. Try looking up e-texts and finding more about it. I would reccommend this site:

http://ebook.ultraslack.net

It has some information that could be helpfull.

#3 conundrum07   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 August 2001 - 04:54 PM

I have a copy of Borland C++ Devolpers Guide pub by Sams that came with the full, unabridged, text on the included cd. However thats probably the exception, not the rule.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS