• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

View Questions (Newbie)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 voodoo_bluesman   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 August 2001 - 04:47 AM

Hey everyone, I''m fairly new at OpenGL, and I have some pretty basic questions regarding it''s uses. I''ve read and followed some of NeHe''s tutorials, and I am just a little confused on some of the concepts. When I call glLoadIdentity, I know that it is resetting the current matrix. When I can glTranslate or glRotate, am I actually altering the "camera''s" view, or the world itself? Maybe it doesn''t matter... Thanks to all, Michael

Sponsor:

#2 Zerosignull   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 August 2001 - 04:59 AM

u rotate the world around Ure Point of view(the camera)

~prevail by daring to fail~

#3 wolfman8k   Members   -  Reputation: 140

Posted 08 August 2001 - 05:01 AM

I like to think about it as moving the 3D cursor. Whenever you draw something, it draws it relative to the cursor.

There is no camera in opengl, so you can''t move it. Instead, you have to move the objects around so that it LOOKS as if the camera is moving.

#4 voodoo_bluesman   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 August 2001 - 05:03 AM

Thank you for the info. It makes much more sense now.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS