• Create Account

glReadPixel selection + driver forced anti-aliasing

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shinpou   Members   -  Reputation: 140

0Likes

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:03 AM

Hey all :) Ok so I made selection to my pet game project using color picking. However, I got some extremely weird behaviour, when I would have two quads very close to eachother and slightly to the distance - when I would move my mouse to the intersection of these two quads, glReadPixel would return something of an average value of these two. Now, I disabled everything for the time I render the colored quads, but frankly never got around the error, till I thought - what if the driver is forcing anti-aliasing. And it did indeed, and thus the inaccuracy is now gone. (Aka. I had enabled 2x anti-aliasing from the driver settings to be forced) That problem being fixed, it still remains a problem, that my game will not work if someone enables forced AA. Question thus is, what can I do to not let the forced AA happen? Best regards, Lari

Sponsor:

#2 Yann L   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1794

0Likes

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

Quote:
Original post by Shinpou
That problem being fixed, it still remains a problem, that my game will not work if someone enables forced AA. Question thus is, what can I do to not let the forced AA happen?

Render your selection buffer to an FBO. Forced AA will not apply to FBOs, it has to be specifically enabled for them.

#3 Shinpou   Members   -  Reputation: 140

0Likes

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

Thank you very much :)

#4 Shinpou   Members   -  Reputation: 140

0Likes

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Moved the post to a new thread.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS