• Create Account

Attack of the 50ft Verbose Dinosaur...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 Demosthenes   Members   -  Reputation: 938

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:57 PM

...is out on Xbox Live Indie Games now. First 5 interested get a free game token. The trailer is here if you want to check it out.

Sponsor:

#2 ChurchSkiz   Members   -  Reputation: 438

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:18 AM

Haha great story. Seeing as how I just got a 360, I'd be interested.

Good work on the game and trailer. Are you throwing it out for PC too? Control scheme looks like it would work better on keyboard.

#3 Demosthenes   Members   -  Reputation: 938

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:46 AM

Quote:
Original post by ChurchSkiz
Haha great story. Seeing as how I just got a 360, I'd be interested.

Good work on the game and trailer. Are you throwing it out for PC too? Control scheme looks like it would work better on keyboard.

Thanks, I've sent you a PM with the token. Right now I doubt I will be releasing it for PC, but who knows...

#4 adam4813   Members   -  Reputation: 655

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:32 AM

I have seen a trailer and it looks great. I have told many co workers to check it out as they also enjoy the odd and out of the way games that have great mechanics and stories. A too would enjoy a token.

#5 Demosthenes   Members   -  Reputation: 938

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:59 AM

Quote:
Original post by adam4813
I have seen a trailer and it looks great. I have told many co workers to check it out as they also enjoy the odd and out of the way games that have great mechanics and stories. A too would enjoy a token.

Thanks, I PM'ed you a token.

#6 WavyVirus   Members   -  Reputation: 735

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:48 AM

The intro movie is awesome - I genuinely laughed as the memes flashed up on his screen. The little pleading guy reminded be of the head lice in that episode of South Park.

I'd definitely be interested in giving this a go - the trailer left me a little confused as to how the gameplay works, as it seemed to be a spelling based game but there are pure action sequences included? But it certainly looks quite original and charming.

#7 GWDev   Members   -  Reputation: 279

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

Nice work.
I have a free weekend ahead of me, so a token would be very much appreciated.

#8 Demosthenes   Members   -  Reputation: 938

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:42 AM

Quote:
Original post by WavyVirus
The intro movie is awesome - I genuinely laughed as the memes flashed up on his screen. The little pleading guy reminded be of the head lice in that episode of South Park.

I'd definitely be interested in giving this a go - the trailer left me a little confused as to how the gameplay works, as it seemed to be a spelling based game but there are pure action sequences included? But it certainly looks quite original and charming.

Thanks! There are bonus levels where you have to shoot down planes, and yes, they're pure action. I PM'ed your token.

Quote:
Nice work.
I have a free weekend ahead of me, so a token would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, I PM'ed your token.

#9 PaloDeQueso   Members   -  Reputation: 283

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

fucking hilarious... I love it! I showed this to my friend and he said, finally, someone understands my pain! I want to hug that cuddly dinosaur.

#10 superpig   Staff Emeritus   -  Reputation: 1825

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:36 AM

Congrats on the release [smile]

#11 Moe   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1248

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

Any tokens left?

From the video in your GDNet Journal I thought it looked pretty funny (in particular the voice of the little person that went up to talk to the verbose dinosaur).

Have you considered writing a postmortem about it? (I know you've talked a bit about it in your GDNet Journal, but I bet a good postmortem could be GDNet front page material).

#12 Demosthenes   Members   -  Reputation: 938

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
Original post by Moe
Any tokens left?

From the video in your GDNet Journal I thought it looked pretty funny (in particular the voice of the little person that went up to talk to the verbose dinosaur).

Have you considered writing a postmortem about it? (I know you've talked a bit about it in your GDNet Journal, but I bet a good postmortem could be GDNet front page material).

I PM'ed you a token, thanks for the kinds words. I may write a postmortem if there is interest.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS