• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

3dsmax - Ogre

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 savagelook   Members   -  Reputation: 138

0Likes

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:18 AM

For those using 3dsmax for modeling/animation and Ogre for rendering, what is your pipeline? In what format do you export your models and animations from 3dsmax and what exporters (if necessary) do you use to get those models and animations into Ogre? Is there a standard pipeline for this? Thanks for any input.

Sponsor:

#2 gtdelarosa2   Members   -  Reputation: 121

0Likes

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:25 AM

I only do hobby work with Ogre, but my standard method for converting 3D models to the Ogre format is to first export from 3dsmax to .3ds files. Then import them into Milkshape3D in order to edit them and then export to the Ogre mesh format.
You need to download the Milkshape exporter plugin for Ogre and build it, then install to the Milkshape folder.

#3 Johan Gustafsson   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 334

0Likes

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:28 AM

I usually use OgreMax http://www.ogremax.com/downloads

#4 SymLinked   Members   -  Reputation: 922

0Likes

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:08 AM

Quote:
Original post by savagelook
For those using 3dsmax for modeling/animation and Ogre for rendering, what is your pipeline? In what format do you export your models and animations from 3dsmax and what exporters (if necessary) do you use to get those models and animations into Ogre? Is there a standard pipeline for this? Thanks for any input.

OgreMAX is excellent if you don't mind that it's closed source and commercial to boot. Myself, I use Lexi and love it. The only thing I've missed is Biped Animation, which isn't supported out of the box..

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS