Setting up Lesson 1

Started by
5 comments, last by Katianie 13 years, 11 months ago
Ok I admit im a noob at OpenGL but Im having trouble on how exactly to include the OpenGL.lib and the other .lib files in Visual C++ 2008.
Advertisement
Right-click the project in the solution-explorer (this is by default (iirc) the the window on the far right). Go to Properties->Linker->General and enter the directories under which you have your opengl libs in "Additional linker directories".

Then go to Linker->Input and enter the lib filenames (including the ".lib" extension) in "Additional dependencies".

(I am working with the german version of VS 2005, but I am pretty sure its the same in 2008 and I hope my translations are right :) )
but do I have to download the librarys or are they alredy on windows? Also how can i find the directories for where they are if they alredy are on windows?
Quote:Original post by Katianie
but do I have to download the librarys or are they alredy on windows? Also how can i find the directories for where they are if they alredy are on windows?

It should really all besetup, the only thing you should need to do is link in the libs.

Solution -> Properties -> Linker -> Input, Add on Additional dependancies the libs you want.

Interested in Fractals? Check out my App, Fractal Scout, free on the Google Play store.

So for "Additional Library Directories" I just put OpenGL32.lib; GLu32.lib; GLaux.lib. Is this correct?
Nope. In the row "Additional Library Directories", you specify the directories where the linker is to look for .lib files.

The files themselves (so OpenGl32.lib, Glu.lib, GLaux.lib) you need to add to "Additional dependencies" under Linker->Input in the project properties
How do I know what directory those .lib files are under togh?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement