World Cup 2010

Started by
279 comments, last by LessBread 13 years, 9 months ago
Um Lessbread, why isn't there a World Cup thread already?

Anyone watching the World Cup this year? I for one am looking forward to kicking back with a beer in the sun, watching the world's best players working up a sweat. Besides Coca Cola, Sony and Adidas, who do you think will be the winners? Besides the inevitable Brazilians and Germans, Spain is probably the top favorite I guess.

Watching South Africa - Mexico right now. For an opening match, not too bad. :)
Advertisement
name your team in your sweepstakes.

Denmark
I have a $100 bet with a friend on England Saturday. That's $100 Hong Kong, which is almost $13 US. Oh and it's Saturday start for many people but 2.30am Sunday morning in Hong Kong which is a bit of a bummer. - Still loads of places open for the matches and I expect loads of people will be having post match breakfast before heading off to work over the next few weeks.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
World Cup 2010? hmmm.
I completely forgot about that. I hope Turkey, Croatia or Greece wins (if they are there of course). But I'm okay with Germany too. Hopefully the referees won't fuck the whole thing as they did last time.
Now I only need to find a pub where I can watch some matches without the need of buying drinks.
I'm not a big soccer fan but I want Italy to win.

My reason? I took a trip to Italy once and loved it. I also picked up an Italia jersey.
*looks up World Cup 2010*
ah yes right. Soc... football. Go <insert team name>!
I normally want Croatia, but they didn't qualify - so go USA!

The South Africa v Mexico game was amazing. Very bad start for South Africa in the first half but a very very very fun second half. Also the offsides was offsides :)
I hope Spain or the Netherlands win the cup, they both deserve it. Also I hope Italy fails as soon as possible ;)
I'll be supporting England all the way through. Feel free to reel in shock after looking at my location, but I have my reasons.

I actually didn't watch the SA-Mexico game, though.

I'm also rooting for North Korea. They're a vastly underrated team if you ask me.
Meh, I'll just be a sore loser and hope all CONCACAF teams (USA,Mexico,Honduras) don't get past the groups phase.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement