• Create Account

GL_EXT_vertex_weighting ?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Blueshift   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 August 2001 - 05:34 AM

Hi, I would like to HW accelerate my realtime skeletal skinning system, and I stumbled over this GL_EXT_vertex_weighting extension. It seems to be rather interesting, but as far as I got it, it can''t weight between more than 2 matrices per vertex ? Now you can''t do serious skin deformation with max. 2 matrix-blends. Is there any HW out there that supports say blending between 4 matrices ? And how to access that feature ? D3D8 supports up to 4 matrices, I think, there must be a way under OGL to do the same ? A.H aka Blueshift

Sponsor:

#2 zedzeek   Members   -  Reputation: 528

Posted 13 August 2001 - 02:53 PM

use a vertex program extension im not to sure howmany u could do but it sahould at least be 4

#3 Blueshift   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 August 2001 - 04:06 AM

Now that''s what I''d call a nice and complex extension Unfortunately it''s GeForce3 only.
AFAIK, GeForce2 chipsets can hardware blend up to 4 matrices. But the vertex_weighting extension only handles 2. Isn''t there some way of using the 4 matrices on a GeForce2 ?

A.H aka Blueshift

#4 zedzeek   Members   -  Reputation: 528

Posted 14 August 2001 - 10:04 AM

its supportted on all geforce cards not just the geforce3 u need the realease 10 drivers to use it. sorry as ive only got a vanta im not much help with this extension

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS