• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

Impulse Tracker MIDI

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Melo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 December 1999 - 02:13 AM

Do you know how to use a MIDI-Keyboard with Impulse Tracker? It works fine with Fasttracker 2, and my friend told me, that it is possible with IT, too. But I don't know how .

Sponsor:

#2 Nick Murphy   Members   -  Reputation: 1604

Posted 05 January 2000 - 04:31 PM

I''m not too familiar with IT, though I don''t believe that it lets you use MIDI for input (I''ve been unable to find any page discussing this). The official IT page is http://www.noisemusic.org/it/, so i''d check that out if anything.

Sorry I couldn''t be of more help.
-Nick

#3 Melo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 January 2000 - 10:29 AM

Thanx for help anyway.

#4 Remnant   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 January 2000 - 10:40 AM

You HAVE read the .txt files right? Check in the file midi.txt in the IT distribution, it details how to get midi-out and in working correctly.

#5 mason   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 12 January 2000 - 11:31 AM

I have my MIDI keyboard hooked up to IT just fine. It does take a bit of work though, you have to play with IRQs and IT''s command line options. Wasn''t too difficult, but wasn''t plug and play either. Like Remnant said, read the txt files.

It''s cool when it works, though - definately worth all the hassle.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios - home of Quaternion, 2000 GDC Indie Games Fest Finalist!
www.spin-studios.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS