• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

euler velocities to angular velocity vector

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 xDan   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:05 PM

How can I convert velocities specified about the x,y,z axes to the conventional way (a vector with magnitude as the speed, as used in physics engines like ODE)?

I want to do this to fit in with the 3d engine I use, which has the convention of using euler angles for most things. Also it's more user friendly to specify angular velocity as euler speeds.

Also, the opposite conversion of the vector-to-euler would be nice too.

Anyone have *code* for this? My maths and understanding of formulas is very bad.

Sponsor:

#2 Alrecenk   Members   -  Reputation: 400

0Likes

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Found this on google:
http://www.euclideanspace.com/maths/geometry/rotations/conversions/eulerToAngle/index.htm
The opposite conversion is there as well.

#3 xDan   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since that is for rotations not velocities won't it wrap around at 360 degrees?

and I should have mentioned, my rotation is in order pitch,yaw,roll (XYZ).

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS