OpenGL drivers appear to do nothing...

Started by
34 comments, last by Kylotan 22 years, 7 months ago
I ran GLSetup, it all went ok, it installed the right drivers for my card, but when I run the NeHe tutorials I get absolutely no hardware acceleration. All the implications have been that, if you use OpenGL and have the drivers, acceleration is automatic. Is it really that hard to get OpenGL to work properly?
Advertisement
I had a similar problem in the past but once installed glsteup everything went ok, is your board an old one maybe its not opengl 1.1 compliant...

Yes, mine is old, but GLSetup explicitly supports it.
what graphics card do u have what OS, glsetup is only for win(x i believe
The pc in question has an Orchid Righteous (basically, a Voodoo 1) card, running Win98 SE. GLSetup should work.
Hmmm, I really don''t think the voodoo 1 is OGL 1.1 compliant. But, check it''s settings, and make sure that everything looks good. Try using an example using the GLUT library, see if that helps at all, if none of the above work, well, im out of ideas.

------------------------------
Trent (ShiningKnight)
E-mail me
Shining Darkness- A division of Chromesphere Studios
voodoo cards have always had problems , the voodoo1 drivers are at least opengl1.1 quake2 wouldnt run otherwise. try searching for quake3arena compatible drivers.
I wouldn''t know where to get such drivers. All I know, is that these are the drivers installed by GLSetup, which is pretty much the only place any site tells you to go to install OpenGL drivers... if these don''t work for simple examples, I doubt anything''s gonna work (except perhaps minidrivers for specific games or something).
it''s obviously not the same problem, but i did have a problems getting opengl apps to run properly... as it turned out it i needed a new driver for the motherboard, and everything worked as a charm...
My motherboard driver is the most recent and final one.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement