• Create Account

matrices

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 kaiel090x   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 August 2001 - 05:45 AM

(I never have been a A math student)I am having troube understanding, what the numbers in matrices respresent. Are they variblaes or just numbers, and how would I call those numbers, why, and when? They are pretty confusing mainly because I dont know what the numbers are there for. I am doing matrices mainly for OpenGL. "He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."~Friedrich Nietzsche

Sponsor:

#2 LilBudyWizer   Members   -  Reputation: 491

Posted 19 August 2001 - 09:27 AM

OpenGL will construct most matrices for you so you don''t need to know what goes where to use it. Rather you have to understand translation, rotation, scaling and projection. The main thing to remember is that functions such as glRotate, glScale and glTranslate modify the current matrix which makes everything cummulative until you call glLoadIdentity. You have plenty to learn without bogging yourself down at the start trying to learn every little detail about how each function does what it does. First learn how to use the functions that are available then worry about how they do what they do.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS