• Create Account

Opengl 1.3 Libs?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 CommanderXXL   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 August 2001 - 09:31 PM

If i want to use the Opengl 1.3 Specs in my programms for MSVC6 do i need new 1.3 specific libs to link with? And if yes where do i get these and the appropriate header files? By CommanderXXL

Sponsor:

#2 Null and Void   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1087

Posted 18 August 2001 - 10:07 PM

This is where your every friendly folks at Microsoft come in. To put it quickly: Microsoft may never release the OpenGL 1.3 headers and libraries (they haven''t released the OpenGL 1.2 libraries and headers, and it''s been out for years). That doesn''t mean your video card can''t support OpenGL 1.3 (most NVidia cards already do), it just means you have to pretend you''re using OpenGL 1.1 and deal with extensions.

If you program for an platform (as in OS) that supports OpenGL 1.3 (i.e. anything except Windows) you can get headers and libraries (I don''t know where to get them, I only have the 1.2 headers and libraries for Linux ).

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

#3 Zerosignull   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 August 2001 - 01:57 AM

check out nvidia''s web site. there developer sectio usually has the headers in there

~prevail by daring to fail~

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS