• Create Account

Drawing 3D archer arrows flying in a game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewMack   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 August 2001 - 04:56 AM

I''m just fooling around with OpenGL and I''ve been working on an engine for a 3D Real time strategy. I was wondering if anyone had found a way to make arrows fly through the air and make them look semi-realistic but not take too much power to render. I already have made the animation sequence for their arch and such I just need suggestions on a proper model that gives the appearance of an arrow, it wouldn''t be worthwhile to use an actual arrow model for rendering purposes if they sometimes only show up as 3 pixels large (remember shogun?) Any suggestions from would be appreciated, thank you.

Sponsor:

#2 Magicchessmaster   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 August 2001 - 08:13 AM

You should be able to create a simple bitmap file(maybe 4x4 or 8x8) and display it with your trajectory calculations; assuming, of course, that you have a fixed view (let''s say 45 degrees) so that it will appear to look like a 3D arrow. spending the time to make a model of an arrow would take too much time and processor power to render...

#3 HellRiZZer   Members   -  Reputation: 308

Posted 19 August 2001 - 01:13 PM

You can use glEvalCoord2f or vertices to draw a line/surface of your trajectory. The glEvalCoord2f is best because your archer is positioned under some angle on screen, and 2 coordinates are its z/x or z/y coordinates.

Try nurbs on romka.demonews.com...

Cheers!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS