• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

OpenGL on Win 2000 Professional

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gillies   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 August 2001 - 03:37 AM

I am running windows 2000 and having trouble starting up a basic window to draw to using openGL. The error I am recieving is: Invalid device context (DC) handle - ERROR_DC_NOT_FOUND I have used tutorials from the NeHe site as well as those from other sources such as MSDN to create the basic window. The error is returned after calling... m_hRC = ::wglCreateContext(m_pDC->GetSafeHdc()); I have tried everything I can find on the web to suggest the problem. The main reason I am really stumped is that I get the same problems from the precompiled example .exes that are available with the tutorials. Does anyone know if this is because of the operating system? What needs to be done differently from NT? Thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 mittens   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1315

Posted 20 August 2001 - 03:49 AM

I''m using Win2k right now, and everything works fine. My guess is that its your graphics card at fault here, make sure to get the newest drivers possible.

------------------------------
Trent (ShiningKnight)
E-mail me
Shining Darkness- A division of Chromesphere Studios

#3 Gillies   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 August 2001 - 04:35 AM

Thank you. I have got the latest driver for my card and I am no longer getting the error.

Cheers.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS