• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

C++ layout manager?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 xDan   Members   -  Reputation: 193

0Likes

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:38 AM

Anyone know of a open source layout manager for C++? Ideally very lightweight, and not as part of a larger GUI library (unless it can be easily used standalone).

By layout manager, I mean something like this Java stuff here:
http://download-llnw.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/layout/visual.html

Sponsor:

#2 Red Ant   Members   -  Reputation: 463

0Likes

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

I think a layout manager / sizer implementation is always going to be bound to a specific GUI library ... at least I don't see how you could just make it work with any random GUI interface.
Anyway, both wxWidgets and Qt support layout managers like the ones you linked to, but both fail to meet the requirement you imposed, i.e. neither work independently of their respective GUI kits.

#3 Prune   Members   -  Reputation: 223

0Likes

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:41 AM

It shouldn't be too hard to write your own if you can't find an independent one. It's just arranging with constraints; there's examples on Google if you search with your thread title.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS