• Create Account

If you are looking for a good VC++ BOOK.....

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 AreaOne   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 August 2001 - 02:12 PM

I just wanted to say that I picked up the book "Beginning Visual C++ 6.0" by Ivor Horton. This book is excellent and very well done. It explains all of C++ in general and is very in depth, it then goes into the Visual C++ IDE and teaches you everything you need to know to program windows apps. This a very good book that I recommend you pick up if you are learning VC++6. It has a ton of tutorials and examples to code. It is very well written and very easy to understand.

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 22 August 2001 - 02:14 PM

is it pure code or the MFC?

#3 Midnight Coder   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 August 2001 - 10:38 AM

I glanced at the book. Just teaches MFC, so I could care less about it (I like using the normal Win32 API better). It might be useful for learning all the features in VC++ and MFC and stuff, but judging by it's size I would guess that there are probably better books out there on MFC anyway. Of course, I've only read a small amount to see what it was like, so I could be totally wrong.

Edited by - Midnight Coder on August 23, 2001 5:40:02 PM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS