• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

slow cursor movement

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spencer   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 22 August 2001 - 09:58 PM

Hi! I am iomplementing a mouse cursor for my CRPG but i have some problems. Currently it consists of a textured triangle which is drawn everyframe...so far so good....the problem is that it is terribly slow...even thoug i dont render anything else on the screen...it is jummpy and stuff.. Is a textured surface the best way to do this? are there any other "good" ways of doing this? I am developing for linux (dont worry..it will be ported to win so you dont miss the best CRPG of theis century....) under RedHat 7.1 and my computer is a celeron 400 with intel 740 graphics card so maybe it is my comp that sucks? But i can play some other games so...... well anyhow..thanx in advance --Spencer

Sponsor:

#2 mittens   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1315

Posted 23 August 2001 - 10:58 PM

Hmmm, if other OpenGL demos are slow and jumpy, then its your comp, if not, its your code. (the textures shouldn''t slow things down)

------------------------------
Trent (ShiningKnight)
E-mail me
Shining Darkness- A division of Chromesphere Studios

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS