• Create Account

Best OGL game for making a fighting game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 rcode   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 August 2001 - 08:04 AM

Okay, I''m taking a game programming course at school this sememster and our team was researching 3D engines for use in our fighting game. We''re intending to make it a simple one on one fighting game since we only have a few months to develop it and don''t want to write our own engine. Do you guys have any recommendations for engines that can be used for a fighting game? We need it to be able to import 3DS Max models, textures, and animations. Also, some of the game engines seem to be focused on optimizing drawing levels, interiors, and such. We''re only going to be using a flat plane for the ground, and need an engine with emphasis on making 3D character model animation easy. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsor:

#2 Drizzt DoUrden   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 23 August 2001 - 08:21 AM

Ok. You can go to www.opengl.org and search for any new updates on good engines availible/ If not, click the link to GDSE under affiliates(on gamedevs topbar) and do a search for OpenGL Engines.

Good Luck.

"I''''ve sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do''''Urden

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS