• Create Account

Mouse Coordinate Transformation

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 GoatNat   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 August 2001 - 12:21 PM

Hello all, i know this topic has been discussed but i have a little twist to throw in.. I want to basicaly throw out the Y coordinate.. i want the X and Z world coordinates of X and Y screen point. Ive tried and swapping the Y and Z world coords do not do the trick =) Im looking for an effect similar to the one used in the Trainz Surveyor program at http://www.auran.com/koolthingz/trainz/moviez.htm .. the Y coordinate is based on the heightmap at the current mouse position (trivial).. The problem is the transformation of the z coordinate.. Does anyone have any insight on this, i know i am to use glUnproject ive used it in the past, but for this effect im assuming there are quite a few more steps or calculations. Thanks! Nat

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS