• Create Account

[ ACTION RPG ] - Legends of Etherell - Looking For Talent

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic

#1 Aviticus   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:46 AM

Moved to Classifieds

Sponsor:

#2 Aviticus   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

1 of the character modeler positions have been filled. Thanks to all who have taken the time to view my post.

-Aaron

#3 Aviticus   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

1 writing positions has been filled. Once again thanks everyone.

-Aaron

#4 Aviticus   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

We filled another writer position as well as acquired a group of music composers. Thanks for all the support. We decided to release the website although it is unfinished. The site is: www.legends-of-etherell.com

#5 smerrill79   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:51 AM

Are you in need of a composer?
This position was not listed, but I thought I would ask.

steve

www.mediastonemusic.com

mediastonemusic@gmail.com

steve@mediastonemusic.com

#6 csg180   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:28 PM

PM sent (3d environment modeler)!

#7 Aviticus   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for your reply smerrill79. At that moment our focus was on design content. We received an offer later from a group of music composers, but they decided paid work was more advantageous for there current situation. We would love to further discuss the composer job with you. My email is aaronvictoria@legends-of-etherell.com, thanks again for the post.

-Aaron

#8 Aviticus   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the post csg180, I'm excited to talk to you further about the position. I will be messaging you in a few minutes. I'm glad to see an interest in our project. I apologize again that the page hasn't been completed. I started on it only a month ago and I'm a novice at web development, but the progress has been more than satisfactory.

-Aaron

#9 Ravyne   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 7317

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:15 PM

I'm not currently looking to join a project, but I just wanted to say that it sounds like you've got a great team put together already and your media looks really great. Every Help Wanted listing should aspire to this level of professionalism and quality in their work.

Good Luck!

#10 Aviticus   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

Thank you so much Ravyne, that is older media which is place holder art. Our new media from the Unreal Engine 3 will be available as soon as the final testing of the page is accomplished. This project is my baby, so to speak, and I have been building it for the last few years. I finally found the courage to get an awesome team of developers together to make it a reality. I appreciate the kind words, and I expect to see you in the forums and hopefully on the beta testing team, if you become a member of the network. The team is strong and I see nothing, but great things coming in the future, thanks again.

-Aaron

#11 bizmaxpower   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:01 AM

I want to be a game writer of your group, I had a great passion for video games.Please P.M. me right away as an giving an importance to me.To contact me my Skype account is omniversatility and Yahoo Messenger is searhcforprofit@yahoo.com.My writing work can be a top-notch for the next great game to be release that is why I am hoping to work with you.Waiting for your reply and want to hear from you.Thank you!!!

#12 farcodev   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:31 AM

i don't want to be nitpicking, but at the current date Visual Studio 2011 doesn't exists.

It's maybe cool to put the last versions for all the software your team use but it's of no use to push them too far :D

#13 Aviticus   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:40 AM

Greetings viewers, the post has been updated. My apologies for the (Microsoft Visual Studios 2011) typo. I do own Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. All my other software is 2011, and somehow I managed to mistype the software title. Thanks for notifying me farcodev, it was an honest mistake. Please let it not be taking as perpetual dishonesty. Furthermore, all the information has been completely updated as of today, November 15, 2010. We currently need C++ programmers (UDK experience would be a great addition), concept artists, and animators. Addressing bizmaxpower, we are currently maxed out in the writing department of the development team, but we do plan on expanding our development team towards the 4th quarter of next year, based on our business plan. Please send me an email if you would like to be considered foremost for this position. Thanks for the continual support gamedev community, and taking the time to read my post.

-Aaron

#14 farcodev   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:07 AM

No problems Aviticus, and good luck in your project :)

#15 DeBraveMan   Validating   -  Reputation: 93

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:29 AM

From what I read I can tell that it's a 3D game and not 2D...2 question, what platform(s) is this game for and have your team decided on how the game is played/ an intriguing controller and/or keyboard interface? If not, then I would like to work on the gameplay features.

#16 Aviticus   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

Thanks for the reply DeBraveMan. The game is a 3D, real-time, action rpg. The current schematics are designed to work with Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, and it is suggested to be played with a joypad or controller device. We are very confident that many user will utilize the well defined preset for the keyboard, but maneuvering will work so much better with the analogue thumbsticks. We are always open to suggestion, so contact us if you would like. Thanks for the input!

-Aaron

#17 DeBraveMan   Validating   -  Reputation: 93

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:58 PM

Oh okay, it's great to see that their is groups here on this forum working on console games. I too have a PS3 and besides that, I am more than interested in working on the gameplay mechanics/interface and features. Let's just say that Action RPG's is a high interest to me since I've been working towards this less known genre and have been wanting to bring this genre more open to the public. Send me a PM if needed.

#18 Aviticus   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

That sounds great DeBraveMan, email me if you're still interested. Send the email to aaronvictoria@legends-of-etherell.com. I need someone to relieve the creative designer of this duty at the moment. I've been tasked with coding, web design, and sound effects engineering since the members of the team has taking all other positions. Kirax decided to take the mechanical documents over, but I would love for him to be more focused on his specific job throughout the span of development. It's a heavy work week for us this week, so if you're still interested don't hesitate to email me.

It's also good to see another fellow action rpg fan. I was always a huge fan of classic rpg titles like Baldur's Gate as a young gamer, and once I got older I fell deeper in love with these games. One day I purchased Baldur's Gate for the Playstation 2 thinking it was a recreation of my favorite classic in 3D. To my surprise, it was a completely different game introducing me to a completely different experience. What I did miss, however, was the deep storyline and an open world. Our writers have put a lot of time into developing these structures to present an awesome gameplay experience. My friends are calling it Isometric Oblivion because of how it is pushing the the boundaries of the isometric, action rpg genre. If you chose to join you will see how deep it goes, and thanks again for the follow up.

-Aaron

#19 DeBraveMan   Validating   -  Reputation: 93

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

Anytime! I think I will join Team LOE as I would love to see this game make an impact in the gaming industry.

#20 Aviticus   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:52 AM

Thanks DeBrave, we are glad to have your support. Bringing the project to consoles will, without a doubt, be extremely difficult. I'm sure with the work of some great fans and supporters we will be well guided. From the minute I designed the game I wanted the game to draw an enormous amount of its content from the forum community. I always wanted it to be a great experience for the users first and foremost. This was made apparent when we added a social network to the site. This,in time, will allow users to plan matches with friend and advertise matches as well. We added a nice forum to get feedback from the community, and see what aspects of our game could use fine tuning. Lastly we loaded the site with great sections to keep the user entertained and excited. When the site is finally done, I'm sure we will have tons more supporters, and momentarily craft an awesome game product.

-Aaron

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS