• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

Take a look at my W3D Engine

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Metus   Members   -  Reputation: 168

Posted 26 August 2001 - 10:50 AM

It''s not much at the moment, It''ll just load a basic Quake2 Model, Texture it via an Uncompressed TGA (Compressed TGA''s is being implemented) and renders the MD2_IDLE_1 state (Basic Idle Animation) No Framelimit has been implemented so the animaton may be to slow/fast/choppy One of my next steps is to implement Environmental mapping and Bumpmapping for my "planned" horror-game please tell me what you think.. oh the url you say? http://www22.brinkster.com/wixner/W3D.zip

Sponsor:

#2 grady   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 August 2001 - 12:10 PM

Hi, I downloaded it and ran it. The monster only moves 94 times per minute. Is that supposed to happen? its running on a geforce 3. The controls move the camera smoothly though. The inside of the monster is being drawn. do you want that? If i get too far away there is some bad z fighting. you might try adjusting your near clip plane or enable a 24 bit depth buffer.

Edited by - grady on August 26, 2001 7:33:18 PM

#3 Metus   Members   -  Reputation: 168

Posted 26 August 2001 - 08:12 PM

I know...
I haven''t implemented any Framerate limiter so i had to slow it down via the animation and I know about the Far Clipping...
Everything will be ok when I''ve downscaled the model

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS