• Create Account

Rendering to a Metafile / Clipboard

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mort   Members   -  Reputation: 146

Posted 26 August 2001 - 09:31 PM

According to the MSDN OpenGL documentation, to copy an OpenGL image to the clipboard all I have to do is draw to the enhanced metafile, and then copy the metafile to the clipboard. Unfortunately this method doesn''t seem to work, and nothing is drawn to the metafile. I have tried to select the metafile DC with wglMakeCurrent(), and then render. I have tried to use wglCreateContext() to create a metafile RC, select the metafile DC with wglMakeCurrent(), and then render. I have tried to use SetPixelFormat() to select the pixel format for the metafile DC, use wglCreateContext() to create a metafile RC, select the metafile DC with wglMakeCurrent(), and then render. Neither of the methods have worked for me. The only method I can get working is to copy the pixels from the OpenGL window to a bitmap, and then blt the bitmap to the metafile DC. However this approach is excactly what you would like to avoid, when creating a metafile, since the result can be poor when the bitmap is scaled. Can any of you tell me what the correct way to make OpenGL render to a metafile, is ?

Sponsor:

#2 Mort   Members   -  Reputation: 146

Posted 28 August 2001 - 09:49 PM

Nobody ever did this before ?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS