• Create Account

D3D7 app exits without error when I try to set the viewport...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Daedalus   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 01 January 2000 - 10:11 AM

Hi, I''m trying to write a baisc D3D7 app, all it does right now is initialize a blank frame. The problkem is that the program loads, creates a window, and then closes down without an error. I used an infinite loop ( while(1) ) to debug the app and have located the point of exit. It seems that the statemendt "D3DDevice7->SetViewport ( &VP );" is what is exiting the code. D3DDevice7 is my LPDIRECT3DDEVICE7 object and VP is an object of D3DVIEWPORT7. I''ve initialized VP with the statment "D3DVIEWPORT7 VP = { 0, 0, 800, 600, 0.0f, 1.0f };" and I''ve created the D3D device looks like this "D3D7->CreateDevice ( IID_IDirect3DHALDevice, Backbuffer, &D3DDevice7 );". I can''t figure out why the program would just shut down like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Daedalus

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS