• Create Account

Seeking java programmer for android game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Oozengard   Members   -  Reputation: 236

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:19 PM

Team name:
Cranial Acid

Project name:
Hero and Zombie!

Brief description:

Cranial Acid, a team of just one artist, is looking to expand and profit. We are looking for the right programmer who can assume the role as lead (only) programmer.

Hero and Zombie is a unique game which aims to take users back with its retro graphics, while adding new and different features. Currently, the game is in Live Wallpaper Mode and I'm looking to turn it into an actual game by updating graphics, fixing a few bugs, and adding gameplay elements.

Currently some new g
raphics, and the original code are already available.
However I believe it needs to be cleaned up some and optimized for newer devices.

Currently the app is generating about 20-40 a month, I have no doubt we can generate more once we add some actual gameplay modes. (Survival, Story, Exploration Mode) The only thing that is required is a loyal programmer who is able to take us there.

The game will be somewhat of a cross between Double Dragon and Earthbound. The tone is set to be simple, yet frightful. Skills, Stats, equipment, we'll do it all. Please be ready.

If revenue starts flowing in, and both parties agree, we can seek further freelancer help while still keeping our core Revenue Arrangements. I say this because in the future I would like to add multi-player functions in order to truly round out the experience.

Posted Image
Hero Updated Graphics to be added.

Target aim:
Android tablets and phones
Possibly Iphones or Web based if we can come up with a good plan.

Compensation:
Immediate Revenue Share, Please see additional info
Eventually, if a solid programmer is found I would be willing to do 50-50 split.

Team structure:
Myself : 2D artist,Designer, Founder
Programmer : You, Javascript, Android Programmer

cranialacid.com

Contacts:
email or PM
acidgraphit3 (at) gmail (dot) com

Previous Work by Team:
none

Additional Info:
We still need to figure out what percentage split would truly be fair for this type of project. Taking into consideration everything that's already been done. However, I believe once the programmer showcases enough work/progress, we can begin to start splitting evenly.

I also understand everybody has their dream project, so I've debated of doing a cross-team situation, including both studios solidly branded in the app preview. (if you already have one) Just in case you ever decide to branch out, we'd both have some credits established, because lets face it, who wants to work for somebody else for the rest of your life.

ANY

Sponsor:

#2 Oozengard   Members   -  Reputation: 236

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

Bumping with new info

#3 agentleo   Members   -  Reputation: 173

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

Sounding a bit to much like a Master-slave relationship, but good luck finding a programmer.
Just a wannabe grinding in this game we call Life.

#4 ErikNavarro   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

I tried your app,

I would suggest starting over.

I LOVE the idea, but wasn't at all impressed with the actual background.

#5 Oozengard   Members   -  Reputation: 236

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

I tried your app,

I would suggest starting over.

I LOVE the idea, but wasn't at all impressed with the actual background.

Starting Over because the idea was badly implemented?

Or just because the background image wasn't very appealing?

I ask because I currently have a freelancer working on an update that allows for the background to change to resemble that of the users current time zone.

I have also added some functionality that allows the background to display users personal photos.

I haven't added any real gameplay elements because I am still determining the direction I am trying to take the application. In other words, the app is nowhere near where I want it to be. So Im confused as to why you would suggest starting over?

#6 Oozengard   Members   -  Reputation: 236

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

Bumping!
Original Project has been updated.

#7 Oozengard   Members   -  Reputation: 236

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

Bumping with Info and Simple Demo on Website. Lets get something going guys!

#8 Oozengard   Members   -  Reputation: 236

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

Still seeking productive java/android programmer. Please Email with a little information if interested. Visit the website for more info.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS