• Create Account

openGL & Thread

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 flagadajones   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 August 2001 - 04:07 AM

i have a problem when i try to generate display lists in a thread.glGenLists(..) return GL_INVALID_OPERATION. i have a OGL manager in a thread and many function use OGL in an other thread. how can i resole this problem? possibility to change the active thread?.. i use VC++6 on W2k.

Sponsor:

#2 Pauly   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 August 2001 - 04:46 AM

Don''t quote me on this, but you may need to use wglMakeCurrent and supply a handle to the OpenGL surface to get it drawing across different threads. Means you can''t use glut

Paul Groves
pauls opengl page

#3 flagadajones   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 August 2001 - 02:29 AM

we are in thread2.
it is possible to change the active thread(go to thread1) for the execution of one instruction and come back in thread2?

#4 Pauly   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 August 2001 - 03:56 AM

Yeah I believe it is - although not advised. Think about it, the timeliness of the threads isn't concrete - you're not sure which function will complete first (worst case; It might not complete at all) and I'll bet calling wglMakeCurrent too often is expensive...

Paul Groves
pauls opengl page

Edited by - Pauly on August 29, 2001 10:57:18 AM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS