Macros in Pascal.

Started by
7 comments, last by Last Attacker 22 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I''m currently at school, and I was wondering if and how you can create a macros in Turbo Pascal. Your help will be deeply apreciated! Thanks ----------=Last Attacker=---------- ICQ: 120585863 E-mail: laextr@icqmail.com
"Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires" - Psalm 37:4My Blog
Advertisement
Afraid it's not possible - you just have to make functions.

If I were the great mathematician Pascal, I’d be pretty pissed they named that language in my "honor".

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent

I was hoping that Borland had extented Delphi to have some sort of macro support, but I don't know if (and rather doubt) they did...

Edited by - Magmai Kai Holmlor on August 30, 2001 10:49:16 PM
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
I use Delphi, but I don''t even know what Macros are.

~ There''s no substitute for failure ~
I think there are no macros in Borland Pascal programs (including Delphi). Maybe a Pascal clone like FreePascal has them.
quote:Original post by Last Attacker
Hi,
I''m currently at school, and I was wondering if and how you can create a macros in Turbo Pascal.

Your help will be deeply apreciated!

Thanks

----------=Last Attacker=----------

E-mail: laextr@icqmail.com

The answer is simple, there are no macros in any pascal language not even delphi....

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

"gitty up" -- Kramer
[Cyberdrek | ]
code your own preprocessor.
(http://www.ironfroggy.com/)(http://www.ironfroggy.com/pinch)
With a clever set of macros, you can compile .pas files with a C compiler

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Magmai - what about the assignment and comparison operators? Have you actually done this?
No I''ve never _actually done that, but have seen a header and a program that fixes up the pascal a little bit

#define := =
#define = ==

I didn''t say you could still compile C code...

The function declarations could get tricky, I think they end with a ; in pascal.

Compiling a Delphi app is more-or-less out-of-the-question.

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement