• Create Account

What Does Everyone Think About The New Site Layout?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
487 replies to this topic

#481 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 20987

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:26 AM

Bring back the username colors of Moderators (lightred), Admins (green), GDNet+ Users (yellowbrownish), Banned Users (red strikethrough) and Suspended Users (also red?) please!

Seconded.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

Sponsor:

#482 Khawk   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 1362

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:02 AM

The notification box seems to be broken since the menu update. There's no web 2.0 drop down attached to it any more, and even when I view my notifications, they're not cleared (the number keeps going up now).

Yeah, that's being looked at. The old one appeared to do some ajax stuff when it was clicked, and the new rollover wasn't working so well. We're looking at options. It just might take some time.

#483 Don Carnage   Members   -  Reputation: 636

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

Links in posts opens in a new tab, but also takes me away from GameDev, by also opening that link in the current tab. Very annoying, although no deal-breaker :(

Platform is Firefox 3.6.16 on W7/x32.

Keep up the good work guys, and you'll have this place working in due time :)
It is I, the spectaculous Don Karnage! My bloodthirsty horde is on an intercept course with you. We will be shooting you and looting you in precisely... Ten minutes. Felicitations!

#484 tempBuckeye   Members   -  Reputation: 114

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:21 PM

It'd be nice if changes were thoroughly tested before they're implemented. With the latest change, nothing shows if I'm logged-in under my old account. Everything works when not logged in (thank goodness at least the Logout works under the profile dropdown). Otherwise I'm unable to see anything on any page other than just the logo, the ads, and the profile dropdown. No menu, no forum list, no nothing - just a blank white screen.

The problem's been identified (unresolved at the moment) but Heaven only knows how many people have been affected and don't know what to do! If they don't think to logout, they're completely stuck. They wouldn't even see any announcements about how to recover (which information doesn't appear to be available - yet?)

#485 JDX_John   Members   -  Reputation: 284

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

A quick question... I don't want to see who has repped my posts, but can I find which posts have been repped? If I spot my rep has cahnged, I can't right now see how to find out which post it's from... I don't want to have to skim all my posts to see which are (un)popular.

www.simulatedmedicine.com - medical simulation software

Looking to find experienced Ogre & shader developers/artists. PM me or contact through website with a contact email address if interested.

#486 Gaiiden   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 5273

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

A quick question... I don't want to see who has repped my posts, but can I find which posts have been repped? If I spot my rep has cahnged, I can't right now see how to find out which post it's from... I don't want to have to skim all my posts to see which are (un)popular.

I think that's a plausible addition to the system. Certainly it would be valuable to you to know what has caused any change in your rep so you can take action - whether that is to defend yourself or note a change you should make in your posting behavior

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

#487 Endurion   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3682

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:57 AM

The last changes are very welcome. The menu finally works nice now. If only you could do something about the full hang of the browser on any page (still the "intelliad" thingie), that would be awesome!
Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

#488 LeChuckIsBack   Members   -  Reputation: 95

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

First, improve the readability of the forum, make the titles 1 size bigger or something to stand out, it's hard to read if you ask me, it takes me good seconds to find something that's in front of me. Maybe I'm not used to it, but the focus is wrong all over the place, for example the name of a topic is in blue while additional text is in black which is stronger and then... forum moderator name in black & bold?? I'm looking for GDNetLounge and my eyes keep fall on the moderators names instead of the topic titles... Shouldn't be the other way around?

Second, I don't understand why always something has to change... When people finally get familiar with something, someone decides to "refresh" things up and completely ruins it. Add new features, fun stuff whatever sure, but repainting everything just to confuse users, I don't see the point in it...
"Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Indiana: It has been found that the circular area is to the quadrant of the circumference, as the area of an equilateral triangle is to the square of one side. The diameter employed as a linear unit according to the present rule in computing the circle's area is entirely wrong."

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS