• Create Account

AD&D level increasement algorithm or a good one anyway

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Afterlife   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 01 September 2001 - 01:43 AM

I was thinking of : player.nextlev = player.expereince + pow(3,player.lev); or something like that. But the exponential growth might get a a little too fast at some point. So anyone know the official AD&D method or some other good one?

Sponsor:

#2 TANSTAAFL   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1152

Posted 01 September 2001 - 04:55 PM

In the new rules for D&D, you move to the next level by getting 1000*(Your Current Level) experience points.

in the 2nd edition, you had a particular number to reach 2nd level, and then it roughly doubled until about 9th or 10th level, at which point the xp to increase a level become a fixed value.

#3 Drizzt DoUrden   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 01 September 2001 - 05:02 PM

You should just be able to make up your own, its no big deal really. If I could get a D&D rule book somewhere I would know thiers (how do I make an angry face????). Anyway, what TANSTAAFL said would seem logical. The third edition seems easier, though I like the second edition rule better.

Also, I guess you could just use a set tnl(to next level) for the first one, and for the next one you could do level*exp= tnl. This would be pretty efficient. Try them all and see what seems best.

Also, whats the difficulty. I mean, if its a 50 minute RPG, you dont want to use the one I gave you, it would take a pretty long time to level up that way. But if its a 20 hour - 60 hour game, then the one I gave you would be ok.

If you want something for a short game, use the second edition rule.

"I've sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do'Urden

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on September 1, 2001 12:05:12 AM

#4 Afterlife   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 September 2001 - 03:03 AM

Thanks guys, I should be able to work it out now

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS