• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

glFrustum()

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Viscous-Flow   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 01 September 2001 - 06:44 AM

Can someone please give me a short example of the glFrustum function, especially in relation to moving the near and far clipping planes. I have tried using it, but I keep getting rather strange looking objects floating around in my world, ack! I think it is just because I don''t really understand how the function works other than what they said on an OpenGL website. Also if you could tell me whether or not to parameters in the function are in pixels, world units, or some other unit of measurement, that would be very useful. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsor:

#2 zedzeek   Members   -  Reputation: 528

Posted 01 September 2001 - 11:02 AM

all gl functions use the same units. what the units distances are is up to u.
the gluPerspective( FOV, aspect, near, far ) command is easier to understand perhaps use this instead

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS