• Create Account

Careful when installing Windows Phone Developer Tools on a system running VirtualBox

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 kiwibonga   Members   -  Reputation: 170

0Likes

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

I'm not 100% sure, because I only got a generic "Guru Meditation" message, but I think the WPDT installer viciously murdered my VirtualBox VM -- twice -- probably because it updates DirectX and VirtualBox uses 3D acceleration features.

I was installing on Windows 7 x64 (host computer) and the victim was a minimized Windows XP 32-bit VM.

So, just a heads up, if you have anything sensitive running on a VM in the background (like I did :(), shut that machine down before you install!

Sponsor:

#2 Borrillis   Members   -  Reputation: 123

0Likes

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

The Windows Phone Emulator and VirtualBox both use the Virtualization API's of Windows 7, so yes, they will conflict, so don't try to run or install the XNA 4.0 Tools while you have any other Virtualization software running.

#3 phresnel   Members   -  Reputation: 945

0Likes

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:28 AM

The Windows Phone Emulator and VirtualBox both use the Virtualization API's of Windows 7, so yes, they will conflict, so don't try to run or install the XNA 4.0 Tools while you have any other Virtualization software running.

Maybe it could help then to unceck all accelerations in VirtualBox?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS