• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Free Game Music for developers!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
33 replies to this topic

#1 DSTGames   Members   -  Reputation: 124

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

Do you need music for your game? Are you using copyrighted music, or bad music, or no music at all?

Well, I am giving away 100's of tracks of game music to indie game devs for free! This music is all composed by me and all samples/instruments in them are licensed in full, so this music is completely royalty free.

You can find the collection at :

http://www.nosoapradio.us

The tracks are sorted by Genre.

Thanks, and enjoy!

nosoapbanner.png

Edited by DSTGames, 23 February 2013 - 08:35 AM.

Sponsor:

#2 Dan Mayor   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1713

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

Nice work, many of them sound a little nostalgic to me, reminding me of the old 16 bit console days. But your tracks are a lot crisper and fresher sounding. I may look to use some of these in some upcoming action arcade titles I am working on. Keep up the good work.

Digivance Game Studios Founder:

Dan Mayor - Dan@Digivance.com
 www.Digivance.com

#3 scgames   Members   -  Reputation: 1977

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

That's pretty generous - I'm sure lots of folks will find this useful :)

#4 daydalus   Members   -  Reputation: 245

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

Thanks so much, this is really awesome! ;)
-Building DIY games since 2010. Daydalus.net

#5 farcodev   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:13 AM

Thanks for the sharing DSTGames ! :D
---------------------------------
FAR Colony http://farcolony.blogspot.com/

#6 leiavoia   Members   -  Reputation: 960

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

These are nice.

It's going to take me a while to listen through them all!

#7 PontusE   Members   -  Reputation: 197

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:39 AM

Thank you very much for sharing. I've only had time to listen to some of them, but they are really good. I might use some in my upcoming game.

#8 Nanoha   Members   -  Reputation: 300

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

Wow excellent work. I'm interested in the Medievil/Classical ones, so far they sound really good.

#9 Deraj   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:53 PM

Wow, these are great (and exactly the kind of retro music I was looking for)! Nice work. Also kudos for stating up from that you're not using unlicensed samples.

Is there a specific license (or licenses) you are releasing these under?

I read through the FAQ and I believe I understand your intent, but this particular clause is a little unclear to me:

Songs may not be redistributed or sold

I'm assuming this means that the songs may not be redistributed/re-released by themselves, but it could also mean that they cannot be redistributed as part of a game.

Thanks again for your hard work!

#10 Monkan   Members   -  Reputation: 605

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

Really cool, thanks I might be using some of these in the future
"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back."

#11 Servant of the Lord   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 20308

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Wow, that's really cool; thank you.

I can't find a license on your website - how do you want to receive credit?
If I was to use one or more of your songs in my game, would the following in the games credits be sufficient?

The song '<songname>' was made by Deceased Superior Technician

For more songs like this, see: www.nosoapradio.us

[Edit:] Failure on my part! I mistakenly slipped and hit 'vote down' instead of up, and apparently can't undo that.
It's perfectly fine to abbreviate my username to 'Servant' rather than copy+pasting it all the time.
All glory be to the Man at the right hand... On David's throne the King will reign, and the Government will rest upon His shoulders. All the earth will see the salvation of God.
Of Stranger Flames - [indie turn-based rpg set in a para-historical French colony] | Indie RPG development journal

[Fly with me on Twitter] [Google+] [My broken website]

[Need web hosting? I personally like A Small Orange]

#12 Francois Soft   Members   -  Reputation: 130

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

Listened to several of them, they're great! Perfect for a game that I'm working on.

Nerd's Quote: "If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!"
FrancoisSoft: http://www.codeloader.us

#13 DSTGames   Members   -  Reputation: 124

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:44 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone, i'm glad you are finding this resource useful!

@Deraj: Songs may not be sold as songs, but can be used in a game or as a soundtrack to cinema. This is mostly to protect them from sample resellers trying to put them on a cd and sell that. Though i probably should put a clearer license up.

@Servant: Sure

I know it's a tough climb to get out in the world of gaming right now, and i just want to help the hard working people get a little farther.

#14 jermhoop   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

DSTGames, your music is wonderful and I think your generosity could lead you to get hired as a music producer for games. My brother and I are making a game called Math Asteroids and your tunes have really helped spice up the game. Thanks so much.

If you're curious to see how we are using your tunes, try the game out (it's free): http://www.digitalruby.com/mathasteroids/install

Thanks again for this!

#15 ether_joe   Members   -  Reputation: 125

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

f**king awesome ...

#16 NeriX   Members   -  Reputation: 101

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:37 AM

Wow! You have no idea how I needed that! Thanks!

#17 NeriX   Members   -  Reputation: 101

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

It sounds perfect with my game! And I'm the type of guys that gives credit so, this website gets to be in the credits!

#18 AlanSmithee   Members   -  Reputation: 1022

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

This is very generous of you! Thanks a lot.

#19 NeriX   Members   -  Reputation: 101

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

Do you need music for your game? Are you using copyrighted music, or bad music, or no music at all?

Well, I am giving away 100's of tracks of game music to indie game devs for free! This music is all composed by me and all samples/instruments in them are licensed in full, so this music is completely royalty free.

You can find the collection at :

http://www.nosoapradio.us

The tracks are sorted by Genre.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Posted Image

I am working on a shooter, and I thought maybe I could mess around with your music in audacity (hope you don't mind) and it sounded amazing! So I'll give you credit even if it's

royalty free!

#20 Kangler   Members   -  Reputation: 101

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

Great stuff, could you please make one zip file from the all music, im having trouble downloading them from the flash thingy. a basic directory listing would be great too.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS